These terms and conditions are intended to avoid any misunderstandings in the unlikely event of a dispute. Please read carefully as you must agree to them before commissioning any work.
Every project will be quoted upfront, in writing, upon receipt of the copywriting brief. Quotations are valid for 30 days.
The price quoted includes:
- all consultations (meetings, telephone or email conversations)
- research, planning, writing and evaluation
- two rounds of revisions
The price quoted does not include:
- additional work resulting from changes to the original brief
- additional revisions requested after the second, and final, draft is submitted
In the event that changes are made to the original brief, or additional revisions are needed, a new quote will be issued before carrying out the work.
Before starting a project, you must provide confirmation in writing that you are happy for me to proceed. (An email is fine.) This confirms that you:
- are authorised to hire me, either directly or on behalf of any company, organisation or group of individuals
- agree to the quoted fee and payment terms
- have read and agree with the terms and conditions
- are happy for me to start work on your project
All quotes include two rounds of revisions which, if required, must be requested within 7 days of your receipt of the copy. Revisions will then be completed promptly for approval.
Any additional revisions required, after the initial two rounds, will be charged. Any additional charges will, of course, be discussed beforehand and a separate quote issued.
Changes to the initial brief, resulting in complete rewrites or additional work, will be charged accordingly. Again, any additional costs will be discussed beforehand and a new quote issued.
Timescale and Deadlines
Every effort will be made to complete your project within the agreed timescale. However, on very rare occasions, I may be unable to do so for reasons beyond my control.
Under such circumstances I shall not be liable for any loss or damages caused to you or your client.
50% of the total fee quoted is to be paid before work commences. (Unless otherwise agreed)
The final invoice will be sent together with the second and final draft of your project. Payment is then to be made within 7 days of the date of invoice.
All invoices will be sent via email unless otherwise agreed.
Payment can be made using the following methods:
- Direct bank transfer
If payment is not made in full within 7 days of the invoice date, you may incur a late payment charge. This will be 10% of your outstanding invoice amount.
Errors, Omissions and Indemnity
I will make every effort to ensure that your copy is completed on time and is free of errors and omissions. However, I would advise you to check the copy thoroughly before going to print, as the ultimate responsibility for the content rests with the client.
You agree to indemnify me against:
- any claim for compensation, loss compensation or damages resulting from your use, inability to use or
reluctance to use the materials I have supplied;
- any claim by a third-party client for compensation, loss compensation or damages resulting from the
use, inability to use or reluctance to use the materials I have supplied;
- any claim for loss, compensation or damages arising because the necessary rights, permissions
and releases have not been granted;
- any claim over breach of copyright relating to materials you have supplied to me; and
- any claim over factual or statistical inaccuracies in materials you have supplied to me.
The copyright for any creative concepts and copy I develop shall be fully transferred to you upon full payment of the final invoice.
Unless otherwise agreed, I reserve the right to publish a link to your finished project, for my portfolio, to promote my services.
Projects cancelled before the deposit has been paid will incur no charge.
If you decide to cancel your project after the work has been commissioned and the deposit paid, then the deposit cannot be refunded.
If you decide to cancel your project after delivery of the first draft, you will be liable for 100% of the fee as per your quotation.
I take great pride in my work and I want you to be 100% satisfied with the work I do for you. However, misunderstandings can happen. If you are unhappy with the work or service that I have provided, for whatever reason, please let me know and I will do everything I can to resolve your concerns.